We need your help to grow Abe's Garden®. Your time and energy mean a great deal to our success and support for individuals in our community and across the nation who are impacted by Alzheimer's and other dementias.
Volunteers have the opportunity to engage with Abe’s Garden® residents, The Club (day program) participants, and Abe’s Garden® Community Group (early stage dementia) participants. The following are examples of day, evening, and weekend volunteer opportunities offered, and supported by staff members:
- Assist with outings i.e., scenic drives, special events
- Help residents with hair, make-up, and manicures
- Flower arranging
- Lead art, dance, music, or exercise classes
- Prepare greeting cards for family members
- Dine and socialize with residents
- Sensory stimulation and hand massages
- Program/event set-up
- Reading group/book club
- Bible study
- Assist or lead craft projects
- Sing or play an instrument
- Schedule and coordinate event entertainment
- Coordinate visits and performances with student and youth groups
- Gardening (plant and garden care, assist residents and horticultural therapist, assist master gardener with farm-to-table garden)
- Cooking Club (prepare snacks and serve food and beverages, help with weekly cookouts, coordinate cooking classes, make and bring refreshments for celebrations)
All volunteers are required to complete an application, interview, and attend orientation and training.
For questions about volunteering and to acquire an application, please contact Kristy Mellons at 615.997.3030 ext. 46 or email@example.com.