Walgreens administered vaccine clinics at Abe's Garden Community. As of April 9, 2021, over 200 residents and team members received at least one dose of the Moderna vaccine during our clinics.
(Updated August 4, 2021)
Following Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) testing frequency guidelines that are based on county positivity rates, all team members who worked or came to campus August 3rd were tested for COVID-19. The testing yielded ZERO positive results. There are currently no known COVID-19 cases in Abe’s Garden Community.
We continue to keep an eye on the positivity rates in Davidson County, which dictates the frequency of our testing.
In-Person Visits: The Tennessee Department of Health (TDOH) is no longer providing COVID 19 visitation guidelines. Instead, we’ve been advised to use the federal Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services (CMS) guidance as a reference for best practices on community-specific protocols to keep residents safe. Our clinical team and medical consultant have created the following in-person visitation protocols, which are currently in effect:
- Friends and family are permitted to visit residents anywhere on campus.
- All visitors must either prove they’ve received full COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) OR test negative for COVID-19 either by providing proof of test results administered off campus within 72 hours prior to visitation or by receiving a rapid test upon arrival (administered by a nurse on campus). Results will be valid for 7 days following the test date.
- Visitors must sign in at one of the kiosks located near the front desk, during which, they will be screened for COVID symptoms, receive a digital temperature check, and confirm full vaccination, up-to-date negative COVID test or the need for a rapid test.
- Visitors are required to wear a surgical mask. This type of mask will be provided to visitors who are unable to bring their own.
- Visitors ages 18 and over are welcome! Visitors under 18 years old must be fully vaccinated.
- The frequency of COVID testing for all unvaccinated team members, assisted living residents, and memory support residents is determined by the positivity rates of Davidson County.
- Fully-vaccinated visitors may dine with Independent and Assisted Living residents in the Garden Café.
- Group activities have resumed for independent and assisted living residents with capacity limits, masks, and social distancing.
- Independent and assisted living residents may leave campus. Residents who stay overnight out of the building must get a COVID test immediately upon returning, isolate for 24 hours, and receive another test 24 hours later.
- Unvaccinated potential residents will receive a rapid COVID test upon arrival and require a negative result prior to touring campus.
- Abe’s Garden Community Group has resumed in-person meetings in the 3rd floor community room. Participants are required to be fully vaccinated.
- New residents will require full vaccination prior to moving in.
Please note: These protocols will be re-evaluated frequently and adjusted as needed. Results of team member and resident COVID-19 tests will guide – along with other factors – whether indoor visits will resume and continue to be permitted. There may be a time when we feel it’s best for the safety of everyone on campus to once again pause visits.
If you have questions or need anything, please contact Beverly Theis, LCSW, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-997-3038.
Critical or End-of Life Situation: If there is a critical or end-of-life situation, please notify Donna Finto-Burks (email@example.com) so we can be of assistance.
Protecting Residents: We are taking every precaution to protect your loved ones and our team members. We know that you and your loved ones are depending on the Abe’s Garden Community team and we deeply appreciate your continued trust. If you have concerns regarding your loved ones, please let us know. We are fortunate to have an array of resources to assist them and will do our best to meet their needs. Abe’s Garden Community leadership team members are continually consulting with physician and nursing consultants, as well as respected colleagues, and the entire Abe’s Garden Community team is on the same page regarding enforcing restrictions.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and maintain health and social connections, we recommend that independent and assisted living residents continue to:
- Maintain 6 feet physical distancing
- Properly wear a mask over nose and mouth at all times outside of apartment
- Exercise and walk in the courtyard
- Limit elevator capacity to 2 people whenever possible
- Wash hands frequently with soapy water for at least 20 seconds each time
Disinfecting Campus: We remain diligent about cleaning and disinfecting all areas of the community on a frequent basis and are using CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) recommended cleaning supplies. Abe’s Garden Community team members use Clorox 360 machines to disinfect campus. This innovative and very effective cleaning technology helps prevent the spread of a variety of illnesses. The use of the machine is one of the numerous strategies being implemented to keep everyone on campus as safe as possible.
Text Updates: To more effectively keep primary family member contacts and team members updated, Abe’s Garden Community has partnered with Dialog Health to implement two-way, critical information, text messaging. If you are a member of one of these constituencies, you should have received an introductory text from AGPM. If you haven’t received an introductory text and would like to opt in or are an independent or assisted living resident who would like to opt-in, please call 615.997.3026. Primary family member contacts are responsible for sharing relevant updates with other family members.
New In-Home Care Option for Independent and Assisted Living Residents: The in-home care team is now offering a new level of support that provides the following services for $20 a day. It includes medication reminders, two daily check-ins, safe living checks and monthly wellness assessments. To schedule, contact Kylie Stratton at 629.800.5295 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-Apartment Activities: Independent and assisted living residents, remember to check Channel 100 for in-home activities, music, virtual exercise classes, campus updates, movies, and more!
Home 4 Care Engagement Tool: We’re excited to offer a new engagement tool as an additional way to interact and engage our memory support residents . The Home 4 Care app was developed by the Hearthstone Institute specifically for individuals with dementia. It’s an interactive tablet program loaded with nearly 2,000 pieces of engagement content including books, artwork, music, travel, and trivia. This new technology is currently being offered exclusively to Abe’s Garden Community! Our Life Engagement Coordinators recently started facilitating the use of Home 4 Care with residents and we’ve already seen several successful interactions.
Exiting the Community: Each time a resident leaves the building, they will be asked to sign out and will have their temperature taken upon their return.
Hospital Overnight Stays: If your loved one goes to the hospital for any illness or injury, they are required to:
- Sign out at the front desk before leaving the building
- Contact Donna Finto-Burks prior to returning
- Have a COVID-19 test immediately upon return, then follow up with another test 24 hours after returning
Other Overnight Stays: Residents who stay overnight out of the building must get a COVID test immediately upon returning and receive another test 24 hours later.
Groceries: Grocery outings have resumed for independent or assisted living residents. Please check channel 100, Community Buzz and activities calendars for times.
Independent and Assisted Living Cart Store: A cart store is available once a week for independent or assisted living residents needing household items including, but not limited to, toilet paper, deodorant, soap, toothpaste, laundry pods, dish soap, and paper towels. Please check channel 100, Community Buzz and activities calendars for times.