Abe’s Garden® currently accommodates 42 residents, with 38 single-occupancy suites and two double-occupancy suites, all of which were designed to be safe, comfortable, and to meet the needs of the residents, their family members and caregivers. Each suite is approximately 300 square feet and includes beautiful, innovative furniture by Furnished Living™ that addresses the needs of individuals living with dementia and other older adults:
- The Independence Bed (patent-pending) features three different bed platform heights and supportive side arms help reduce resident falls, as well as physical strain on care partners during transfers.
- The Illuminating Night Table has a built-in amber LED nightlight to maintain sleep, and reduce falls and confusion during the night.
- The Motion Chair (patent-pending) has a smooth gliding motion to stimulate mild exercise and provides an outlet to reduce agitation. The chair automatically locks into place when the resident begins to stand.
- A Built-in Cueing Wardrobe directs the attention of residents to separate compartments to encourage exploration. Drawers and shelves with items that require supervision can be locked with a secure keyless magnetic lock.
- The Engagement Center may be used to hold activities that can be enjoyed independently or with company, store clothing, or be filled by loved ones with items meaningful to the resident.
- A Supply Cabinet with Reminiscence Panel is an in-suite storage unit with a panel to place photos that help engage memories, or notes and calendars for orientation assistance.
Each suite also includes a:
- Private zero barrier entry bathroom (except in one of the dual occupancy suites where the bathroom is semi-private), which accommodates not only the turning radius of shower chairs, but also room for care partners to maneuver when assisting residents.
- Window for natural light and a window seat.
- Memory foam and cool-comfort gel mattress.
Residential stays include:
- Participation in multiple simultaneous engagement opportunities
- 24/7 Nursing services including medication management and distribution
- Daily wellness checks
- Assistance with activities of daily living including self-care, ambulation, bathing, dressing, eating, grooming and toileting
- Three nutritious meals and two snacks; reminders and escorts as needed
- Access to a secure and engaging courtyard
- Housekeeping and laundry
For the later stages of memory decline, home health and hospice care can be made available.
For more information on Abe’s Garden® services, please contact Judy Given at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.733.2682.