If your loved one is still living at home, but it’s becoming evident that they need help with their day-to-day activities or could benefit from more engagement, it may be time to explore in-home care options.
As we age, our needs change – and no two people will be exactly alike. One person may need help with medications and personal care, while another might require an escort to appointments and errands. Many people remain active and interested in life outside the home; others like to stick to a routine at home. It’s important to address each individual’s unique needs and preferences as they age.
Abe’s Garden at Home has a customized approach to in-home care and engagement for Nashville-area seniors who need a little support to remain independent at home.
How Does Abe’s Garden At Home Provide Opportunities For Engagement?
In addition to providing support with activities of daily living (ADLs), mobility, vital signs checks, and other personal care needs, Abe’s Garden at Home offers personalized engagement. Our care partners are specially trained in the I’m Still Here® approach that helps them uncover each client’s unique needs, abilities, and interests. They then create personalized opportunities designed to enhance the quality of life through support with self-care tasks, mind and body wellness activities, and more… all while providing respite for family caregivers.
- From reading Hearthside Book Club® to exercising, art, and other hobbies, our experienced home engagement coordinators help boost daily engagement by providing personalized activities based on a person’s interests and abilities.
- Our engagement coordinators also provide support outside of the home and are available to help plan or arrange outings, such as:
- accompanying families on outings
- taking a participant on a nature walk
- visiting a favorite local establishment
What other customized services are offered through Abe’s Garden at Home?
In addition to the above, Abe’s Garden at Home provides medication assistance and concierge services, such as:
- Companion care/supervision
- Doctor appointment escort
- Home safety assessment & recommendations
- Meal preparation, shopping & errands
- Post-relocation guidance
- Seasonal decorating
- And much more!
How Do I Know If My Loved One Qualifies For In-Home Care?
As your loved one ages, it can be challenging to determine if they can stay home safely. Many seniors express their desire to be home as long as possible, but many factors must be considered when it comes to your loved one’s safety and happiness. We help seniors on a daily basis with our Abe’s Garden At Home program. Here are a few facts about how we can help:
- The Abe’s Garden at Home team will provide a complimentary in-home care assessment to design a personalized plan before any commitment. No obligation or contract is required to participate in Abe’s Garden at Home program.
- Abe’s Garden at Home services are available 24/7 with flexible scheduling and no weekly minimum. For clients who live off campus, at least three hours of service are required for each day of participation.
- As part of the new-participant process, one of our team members will conduct an in-home evaluation, which includes recommendations for modifications that may help increase the environment’s safety and prolong the participant’s ability to remain at home.
The Abe’s Garden Community is a senior lifestyle community and in-home care provider focused on promoting and maximizing evidence-based approaches to mind and body health. This person-directed care is provided wherever the resident or program participant resides and wherever they and their family are on their journeys.
Check out our informative videos to learn more, or call us at (615) 437-2152 with any questions you may have. We look forward to serving you and your family!