The ENGAGE! Program
The I’m Still Here® approach is founded on Dr. Zeisel’s innovative Hope Model. This model places the focus on what care partners—both staff and family members—can do to make a positive difference in the lives of people living with dementia. The core philosophy of the approach centers on purposeful engagement throughout a person’s day. This training package provides foundational training in several key components of the Hearthstone Institute’s I’m Still Here® methodology. With education in these areas, meaningful engagement can be substantially increased and the quality of life improved for residents.
Presented over a three-month timeframe, this targeted training package bundles together basic I’m Still Here® engagement and communication education, as well as foundational information on dementia, combined with focused implementation visits.
Completion of the Engagement Training package can be applied to full I’m Still Here® Center of Excellence certification at a future date if desired.
This package includes:
- Classroom training for staff in fundamental best-practice dementia care in the areas of:
- Understanding Dementia
- Communication Skills
- Research-based engagement adaptations and techniques
- Three, non-consecutive days of on-the-floor coaching to ensure optimal use of the information and materials provided
- 8 copies of the ENGAGE! program software suite
- Three year user licenses for each ENGAGE! application
- A repository of evidence-based proprietary activity materials, including:
- 80 Hearthside Stories™
- 20 Complete Lingo Bingo™ games
- 50 Sort-It-Out games™
- 10 Critics Corner™ Art Discussion Sets